Need a Lending Edge? We Can Help You Remain Competitive in the Small Business Lending Market.
Sometimes traditional lending methods just don’t fit. The SBA 504 Loan Program is a great alternative that can help commercial lending organizations and credit unions retain and attract customers, assist in risk and liquidity management and provide fee and interest income.
By working with Florida First Capital — a nonprofit SBA Certified Development Company (CDC) — you can provide up to 90% financing for eligible fixed asset purchases, such as commercial real estate and heavy duty machinery and equipment, to small business customers who might otherwise be unable to find long-term credit to grow and expand.
504 Loan Structure
- A commercial lender or credit union typically finances 50% of the project cost and takes a first mortgage position on the assets financed with a minimum term of 10 years for real estate and seven years for heavy duty equipment.
- Florida First Capital typically finances 40% of the project cost up to a $5 to $5.5 million cap and takes a second mortgage position with terms up to 20 years for real estate and equipment. The 504 loan rate is fixed with level debt payments.
- The borrower puts in as little as 10% equity.
- There is no limit on overall project size.
Benefits for Our Lending Partners
- Ability to offer up to 90% long-term financing for the purchase of commercial real estate, heavy duty machinery and equipment and other eligible fixed assets or for the refinancing of existing business debt.
- Expands your business loan portfolio.
- Minimizes collateral risk; puts your lending organization in a first lien position with an attractive 50% LTV.
- Lending organization makes its own credit decisions with its own loan documentation.
- Lending organization sets its rates and fees.
- Earn fees and interest income on interim loans related to the project.
- Florida First Capital can work directly with the 504 applicant, saving your staff valuable time.
- Helps manage lending limits and industry exposure.
- Ability to sell the first mortgage on the secondary market for substantial fee income and preserved liquidity.
- Many 504 loans can be completed in 60 days, which is just as fast as a conventional loan. Pre-approval can occur within 24 to 48 hours, with commitments in days, not weeks.
Florida First Capital has helped thousands of clients throughout the state achieve their small business dreams through the SBA 504 Loan Program. We are the experts to turn to in Florida for 504 small business financing.
No other Certified Development Company in the state is as committed to the success of its customers than Florida First Capital.
And no other Certified Development Company strives to make the entire loan process as helpful, quick and easy as us. You can
count on our staff to deliver the best and most complete service the industry has to offer.