Our Mission is to Help Strengthen Florida’s Economy One Small Business At a Time.
Economic development is a cornerstone of Florida First Capital. Our mission is to strengthen the economic development of the state by providing available and affordable financial assistance to small businesses in conjunction with the SBA and private sector lenders.
All of our projects contain an economic development component, and in general projects must create or retain jobs based on SBA funding criteria. The 504 Loan Program offered through Florida First Capital is used effectively by economic developers statewide because it helps fund projects that are not eligible for traditional economic development financing.
Advantages of Promoting the 504 Loan Program
- Economic developers can help borrowers obtain below-market, true fixed rate financing (no ARMs) with low down payments. And, unlike conventional loans, 504 transactions include verifiable job creation and economic impact data, which is provided to economic developers.
- 504 loans can be used in a wide variety of projects, including commercial, franchises, health care, hospitality, manufacturing, retail, service and more.
- Green initiative projects are also eligible under the program (use of sustainable design; reduced energy consumption; renewable energy or fuels).
- Many deals that cannot be financed conventionally or through industrial revenue bonds can be financed through the 504 Loan Program. In fact, the 504 program is attractive to all projects due to its below-market fixed rates and low down payment requirements.
- The owner can operate in 51% of an existing building and lease the other 49%, creating an income stream to strengthen cash flow.
- Banks are willing participants because they can fund as little as 50% of the project and still remain in a first-lien position. Florida First Capital funds 40% of the project and takes a second-lien position and the borrower puts down just 10%.
- Veteran-owned small businesses are eligible to receive up to $30,500 in fee discounts on 504 loans under our VetLoan Advantage Program. Details here.
Florida First Capital has helped thousands of clients throughout the state achieve their small business dreams through the SBA 504 Loan Program. We are the experts to turn to in Florida for 504 small business financing.
No other Certified Development Company in the state is as committed to the success of its customers than Florida First Capital.
And no other Certified Development Company strives to make the entire loan process as helpful, quick and easy as us. You can
count on our staff to deliver the best and most complete service the industry has to offer.